Government of the People’s Republic of China has placed at the disposal of UNESCO for the academic year 2014-2015, under the co-sponsorship of UNESCO, twenty five (25) fellowships for advanced studies at Undergraduate and Postgraduate Levels.
These fellowships are for the benefit of developing Member States in Africa, Asia -Pacific and certain countries in the Arab States. The fellowships, tenable at a selected number of Chinese universities, are of one year duration.
These fellowships, which are in most cases to be conducted in English, are offered to senior advanced students wishing to pursue higher studies or intending to undertake individual research with periodic guidance from the assigned supervisor. In exceptional cases, candidates may be required to study the Chinese language before taking up research/study in their fields of interest.
Worth of Award
Facilities offered by the Goverenment of the People’s Republic of China:
- A monthly living allowance of CNY 1,700 Yuan for general scholars or CNY 2.000 Yuan for senior scholars will be granted covering meals and pocket expenses;
- A one-time settlement subsidy of CNY 1,000 Yuan will be granted to those who will study in China less than one academic year, and CNY 1,500 Yuan to those who will study in China for one academic year and above, upon their arrival in China;
- Registration and tuition fees, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, fee for basic/necessary learning materials
- Accommodation facilities (one dormitory room for two students)
- Fee for outpatient medical service for expenses generated in the institution’s hospital
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China against hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries
- A one-time inter-city travel ticket (each for coming in and leaving China).
- A hard – seat train ticket (hard-berth train ticket for overnight trip) will be provided for new scholarship students traveling from the port of entry upon registration to the city where the admitting institution of Chinese language institution or preparatory education institution is located; students traveling from the Chinese language institution or preparatory education institution to the city where the university for major study is located; and students traveling from the city where the institution is located to the nearest port of departure upon graduation.
Facilities offered by UNESCO
- International Travel to and from China; and
- Monthly allowance of US $150 to be paid in local currency (Chinese RMB) during their stay in China, in addition to the living allowance granted by the Government of the People’s Republic of China.
Applicants must Hold:
- Hold at least the equivalent of the Master’s Degree/above or the Bachelor’s Degree
- English proficiency is required;
- Be not more than 45 years of age; and
- Be in good health
How to Apply:
- All applications should be endorsed by the relevant Government body (the National Commission or Permanent Delegation) and must be made in English with the following attachments:
- Application form for UNESCO/China (The Great Wall) Fellowship in triplicate
- 3 photographs
- Notarized photocopies of diplomas and certificates, and school-certified transcripts of complete academic records (translated in English when applicable), in triplicate
- Copy of the university’s invitation letter, for those students who have been admitted in advance by a Chinese university, in triplicate
- Two letters of recommendation (in English) by professors or associate professors familiar with the work of the candidate, in triplicate
- A study or research proposal containing no less than 400 words (in English) of the Post-Graduate Study to be undertaken during the candidate’s stay in China, in triplicate
- Foreigner Physical Examination form to be completed and communicated to UNESCO in triplicate; and
- English language proficiency certificate, in triplicate.
Deadline: June 6, 2014
Click here to Read more about the Scholarship: http://www.unesco.org/new/en/fellowships/programmes/