The University of Auckland, New Zealand offers up to eight scholarships. Each scholarship will be awarded for a period of one year and will be for the value of $2,500 each. The Scholarships will be awarded to candidates who have paid the fees for full-time or part-time enrollment in an undergraduate degree programme. The Scholarships also aim to encourage students into postgraduate study.
About Scholarship: The Scholarships were established in 2009 to support Maori and Pacific students in their final year of undergraduate study. The Scholarships also aim to encourage students into postgraduate study.
Study: Any courses offered by University of Auckland in New Zealand
Course Level: Undergraduate degree
Scholarship by: The University of Auckland, New Zealand
Location: New Zealand
Eligibility: The Scholarships will be awarded to candidates who have paid the fees for full-time or part-time enrolment in an undergraduate degree programme.
- The Scholarships are tenable by students who are New Zealand citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand.
- Student in the final year of undergraduate degree.
Scholarship Open for: The students of New Zealand (Maori and Pacific) can apply for these scholarships.
Number of awards: There will be eight scholarships available – four each for Maori and Pacific students.
Duration: one year
Value: Up to eight Scholarships will be awarded annually, each for a period of one year and will be for the value of $2,500 each.
Selection Criteria: The basis of selection will be:
- Student in the final year of undergraduate degree;
- Minimum GPA of 4.000 (B- average) in their previous year of study;
- Demonstrated participation in the Tuakana programme;
- Recommendation from Tuakana programme co-ordinator in area of study;
- Intention to pursue a post-graduate degree.
Notification: Approximately six weeks after closing date by letter.
Apply: In person or by post
Deadline: 30th June 2013/14.
Further Information: http://www.auckland.ac.nz/uoa/cs-search-for-scholarships-and-awards?form=details&detailCode=500363