The Vice-Chancellor of Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) is offering potential scholarships opportunities for international students who are interested to pursue their studies in Iran at TUMS.
About Scholarship: TUMS Scholarship Program is a program set up by TUMS to encourage international students and scholars to pursue their studies and research at TUMS. The scholarship aims to increase the mutual understanding and scientific exchange between scholars and students of Iran, and other parts of the world. TUMS is the best university in the field of medical sciences in Iran. The value of the award varies from 3,000 to 15,000 USD. The scholarship covers students’ first transport from the airport, housing, partial food plans, computer labs, sports and student union membership, library, Internet access, as well as a tuition-waiver of 0-100% based on student performance.
Study: The prospect recipients of the Scholarship are welcome to study in one of these areas:
1. School of Medicine: Anatomy, Anesthesiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Cardiology, Community Medicine, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, ENT, Forensic Medicine, General Surgery, Genetics, Geriatrics, Histology, Immunology and Biology, Internal Medicine, Legal Medicine and Occupational Medicine, Medical Education, Medical Ethics, Medical Physics, Microbiology, Molecular Medicine, Neurology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Nuclear Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Occupational Medicine, Oncology and Radiotherapy, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Parasitology, Pathology, Pediatrics, Pharmacology, Physiology, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Psychiatry, Pulmonary Medicine, Radiology, Radiotherapy, Reproductive Biology, Social Medicine, Sport Medicine, Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Urology, Virology
2. School of Dentistry: Community Oral Health, Dental Laboratory Technology, Dental Materials, Endodontics, Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Medicine and Oral Diagnosis, Orthodontics, Pediatric Dentistry, Periodontics, Prosthodontics
3. School of Pharmacy: Biotechnology, Drug and Food Control, Medical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacotherapy, Radiopharmacy, Toxicology and Pharmacology
4. School of Advanced Technology in Medicine: Medical Biotechnology, Medical Informatics, Medical Nanotechnology, Molecular Medicine, Neurosciences, Tissue Engineering and Cell Therapy 5. School of Allied Health Sciences: Anesthesia Technology, Health Care Management, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Medical Library and Information Sciences, Medical Records, Operation Room Technology, Practical Hematology, Radiology and Radiotherapy Technology
6. School of Public Health: Environmental Health Engineering, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Health Education and Promotion, Health Services, Management Sciences and Health Economics, Medical Entomology and Vector Control, Medical Parasitology and Mycology, Nutrition and Biochemistry, Occupational Health Engineering, Pathobiology
7. School of Nursing and Midwifery: Community Health Nursing, Medical-Surgical Nursing, Mother and Child Health, Nursing Management, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatric Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Reproductive Health
8. School of Rehabilitation: Audiology, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy
Course Level: Levels of Studies Undergraduate Levels – M.D. or Doctor of Medicine – D.D.S. or Doctor of Dental Surgery – Pharm.D. or Doctor in Pharmacy – B.Sc. Graduate Levels – M.Sc. – Ph.D.
Scholarship by: Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS)
Location: Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
-For undergraduate level of studies: the applicant must have finished high school.
- For graduate level of studies: the applicant must have obtained an undergraduate degree in the field related to her/his desired field of study.
-Language Proficiency: language of instruction will be English.
-The applicant needs to have proof of English language ability to write, read, and understand.
-Our official language is Persian/Farsi and we will assist those who wish to pursue their education in Persian/Farsi.
-The scholarship is only for non-Iranian citizens.
Scholarship Open for: The scholarship is available only for non-Iranian citizens.
Value: The value of the award varies from 3,000 to 15,000 USD. The scholarship covers students’ first transport from the airport, housing, partial food plans, computer labs, sports and student union membership, library, Internet access, as well as a tuition-waiver of 0-100% based on student performance.
Apply: The Process
1. Please prepare all your documents http://gsia.tums.ac.ir/en/page/2289/Admission-Information
2. You will register and apply online. http://gsia.tums.ac.ir/en/form/4417/Apply-Here please includes your request for scholarship as a part of your motivation letter
3. We will send you an email informing you that we have received your application.
4. We will ask you to submit supporting documents.
5. We will gather all of your documents and will create a profile for you.
6. Your profile will be taken to the Admission Committee. All profiles are reviewed one by one and with serious attention. Your gender and country of residency are not a factor in the selection process. Your grades, publications, letter of motivation, work experience, and letters of recommendation are important to the Selection Committee. The level of your English language is also important.
7. Once the Admission Committee has reviewed your profile we will notify you about your status. A letter of admission (acceptance) or a letter of refusal will be sent to you.
8. We will send you your admission package with your visa study form. Complete and send the form back t us, we will help process your entry visa
9. Please read the information provided on our site http://gsia.tums.ac.ir/en/download/4394/Download-Center
Deadline: 1 April 2013
Further Information: http://gsia.tums.ac.ir/en